Russell: We call for the protection of aid workers
New York, August 19 (Hibya) - United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Executive Director Catherine Russell made a statement regarding humanitarian workers who have lost their lives in conflict zones.
UNICEF Executive Director Catherine Russell made a statement regarding humanitarian workers who have lost their lives in conflict zones.
Russell said that at least 350 humanitarian workers were killed in conflict zones last year alone, adding that the number of aid workers who have lost their lives over the past three years has exceeded 1,000.
In a post marking World Humanitarian Day, Russell said, “We call for the protection of aid workers and the children and families they serve.”
Russell emphasized that this call is repeated not only on World Humanitarian Day, but every day.
Europe Asia News